It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to modellersplatform

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, !

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dapol Turntable Kit
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:37 pm 

Hi Guys

Has anyone got any surgestions on how to wire up the track on the turntable so we can run locos onto it, Thanks

Bob

Post subject: Re: Dapol Turntable Kit
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:24 pm 

Location: Rotherham [the south-west corner of Gods Own County ....the LNER & LMS heartland]
Hi bob ......some sorta copper wiper running from the end of each of your mainline rails to a connector on each of the turntable rails might keep polarity the same,it could be fiddly to set up though.
I think I'd be inclined to tackle the problem by having two controllers ,one to your main running line and the other to the turntable rails,by having the two controllers set for the same direction the loco would then run neatly onto the turntable and stop .......turn the loco ....and then by reversing both controllers the loco would then exit the turntable.
Presumably :? ......it would only work with DC. And you'd only be able to turn the turntable through 180 degrees before having to turn back the oposite direction [otherwise it would twist and break the wires].....even so,you'd need plenty of "spare wire" under the turntable to take up any movement.

Phew :roll: .....having thought that out,I'm now going for a lie down in a darkened room :roll: .....thankful that ....
{a} The "Hand of God" turns my loco's.
{b} My layout aint got room for a turntable ... ;)

hth
T.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:33 pm 

Thanks Terry Mate. will have a go, my son got for me as a surprise xmas gift with his own money so I have to use it, (I was going to buy a Hornby one later on) .

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:11 pm 

bob1952 wrote:
Thanks Terry Mate. will have a go, my son got for me as a surprise xmas gift with his own money so I have to use it, (I was going to buy a Hornby one later on) .

Bob
Bob your son as done you a big favour mate,the Hornby one is crap i have a old German thing that i got out of a scrap bin at a model shop.
It only cost me £5 take a look at my layout,and it work's,i also like the Peco one for around £55.
Mick.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]